Monday, January 21, 2008

Okay, girlfriends... I have a question

Over the weekend, I was talking about my new favorite tv show, Mad Men and how the world has changed for women since the 1960s. It's been a dramatic transformation; however, the way I see it at times is... We may have it all -- career, family, and education, but we also have to do it all -- cook, clean, laundry, extra kid stuff.


So, my question is... Is it fair? Will it ever change? How can we better manage all of our responsibilities? If you have it all figured out, or even part of it... let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's called The Second Shift . . . I remember it from a sociology class way back in the early 90's: men go to work and come home and they're done working. Women go to work and come home and they start their second shift. Just today's version of "A woman's work is never done."