Sunday, June 29, 2008

Work Smarter not Harder for Real!

KNOW FEEL DO
I went to a class the other day that was centered around working smarter....great class, great presenter. The instructor Bill Jensen, has a very informative site, SimplerWork. The focus area that I liked the most was centered around writing effective and consise emails. He emphasized that all emails should: know, feel and do....tell me what I need to do, acknowledge how I might feel about this especially b/c emails can be so impersonal and tell me what I need to do. Also emails should fit on a 3x5 card, as culturally we don't have the attention span for super verbose emails. Pretty simple, and I must admit I have used it and it works...I even encouraged my husband to use my advice..ha-ha and he too admitted it's success! Imagine?!

No comments: