Sunday, January 27, 2008

Kitchen Equipment Question???


So, Emily, one of my favorite cousins called me tonight and was asking me about kitchen equipment. The question was about steamers... but then we had a whole discussion about equipment that we have or would like to have, but know that we wouldn't use frequently. I can definitely identify with this situation as it relates to my mandolin. No, it's not an expensive one, just something I found at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I don't use it very often and it takes up some room in my storage area. The same goes for my potato ricer... it's amazing for mashed potatoes.


So, what's your piece of equipment that you either own and don't use very often or something you'd like to purchase? (Hi...to all my friends to whom I know you are reading this... you'd better post!)

5 comments:

JenOP said...

Okay, one is something you gave me: the alligator food chopper. Works great, but only once a month. Second, garlic baker. The third one had to be thrown out after we forgot about it while it had bread in it and found it weeks later. It was so moldy we just threw it away rather than clean it: my bread machine.

Anonymous said...

So, that was the bread you left on my doorstep! :)

Anonymous said...

Here are two of my new favorite things...I use the garlic one a lot and ice cream one infrequently, but it is great for a different fun dessert when you have company.

Chefn Garlic Zoom...from Sur La Table
http://www.surlatable.com/product/kitchen+%26+bar+tools/specialty+tools/herb+%26+spice/chef%27n+garlic+zoom.do

Kitchenaid Ice Cream Attachment
http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KICA0WH-Cream-Maker-Attachment/dp/B0002IES80

SarahE said...

Oooooh...I checked out the garlic zoom. Very cool.

Anonymous said...

Emily, about steamers: I have the Black & Decker steamer & rice cooker. I absolutely love it. I've had it about 10 years or so and, while I've not once used it to make rice, I love it for steaming veggies! It's a plug in thing which is nice 'cause it doesn't use up a burner on your stove.