Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Can food solve a work dilemma?

I was recently promoted and have taken on a new role. I am really enjoying the experience and I am working with a really dynamic team, but because I am from another part of the company, I think there is some skepticism about my role on the team. Thus, I am struggling to feel completely comfortable with everyone. So, I have a plan. I should start out by saying I almost never bake and in Columbus, there is an unbelievable bakery called Delicacies by Shari. She's more than a pastry chef or a baker, she is an artist. So, I think I am going to have her make me some really cool cookies and win them over with food! I also I love this Ina quote.
"Food is not about impressing people. It's about making them feel comfortable."Ina Garten

No comments: